I'm writing my comments as I listen to the track, writing purely on the sense of emotion the track causes me to feel.

Ratings:
&: Skip this track!
&&: It's ok.
&&&: It's a pretty good song.
&&&&: I really like this song.
&&&&&: LOVE THIS TRACK!
Track:
1. Say you will: The beat makes me feel like I'm in the emergency room waiting for my test results to come in while I'm attached to a series of machines that are monitoring my very life. Then, you hear the underlying humming tune and you feel like there is a ray of hope amidst all the sorrow that can maybe make it a better day. I really feel like this is a powerful song. Without even listening to the words yet, just the beat takes me to a different place. The track goes to completely instrumental at 3:03 and honestly, I don't think any more words were needed, and despite the track going on for another 3 minutues, I find no desire to skip to the next track yet, I feel like there is still a story being told. Great way to start off the album.
Rating: &&&&&
2. Welcome to Heartbreak ft. Kid Cudi: Kanye has always told us how he is insecure and how he got caught up in the wonderful life of luxury, ever since his debut album and very successful track "All Falls Down". That being said, this track shows us that we're still looking at the same Kanye since day 1. Despite the very personal recent losses in his life, he still struggles with the same types of pressure and insecurities he always has. He's definitely honest with the audience in this track, which is something you can always count on Kanye to do. He tells us a story with this song. Either love him, or hate him for it.
Rating: &&&
3. Heartless: This song is a listener favorite, just from what I've seen/heard from people. I personally like this song as well. Don't like the music video too much, but thats besides the fact. This song really speaks to all the men out there that have been played by women, he's hurt and this song is definitely the diary/ journal of this album. This man got his heartbroken and he's sad! Boy is he miserable.
Rating: &&&&&
4. Amazing ft. Young Jeezy: This song is a personal favorite of mine. Not only because I like Jeezy, but Jeezy and Kanye, we must admit, are hott together. I mean, Put On was probbbably my favorite song on Jeezy's recent album. The beat is cold, the lyrics are fire, I mean, this is a classic track. Simple yet, effective. Even though he's not necessarily "rapping" he still has a flow to his lyrics that make this song a hit. Love it.
Rating: &&&&&
5. Love Lockdown: This was the first single off of the 808s & Heartbreak album- and it was so powerful and different from anything that I have heard from Kanye- or anyone for that matter, and this is probably the reason why I was so intriguied to listen and add this album to my collection. He "had to go, he had to move" he isn't loving her the way he used to... Well, too bad for her, but we got ya Kanye, and I'm sure everyone's been here at some point. It's okay Kanye, we feel you.
Rating: &&&
6. Paranoid ft. Mr. Hudson: This song reminds me of the Kanye that we know and love. It's a nice transition from the previous sorrow filled songs and has a nice tempo. I do really like this track and the lyrics are very catchy. The beat is cold and once again, he tells us a story that we can relate to. Dang Mr. Rogers, lovin' it!
Rating: &&&&&
7. Robocop: Bitch is buggin, that's pretty much the moral of the story here. She was coo at first and then she became a bug-a-boo. She's nosey and all up in his business, looking through his phone and he's basically telling her that he doesn't need her to be checkin up on him like she's the law or something. Good song, the beat is very funky, but I like the story he tells us once again. "You spoiled little LA girl, you just an LA girl....."
Rating: &&&&
8. Streetlights: "I know my destination, but I'm just not there." Hear, hear Kanye. I can identify with this line word for word. The tempo and mood of this song if a calm and collected one. He brings us to yet another place in his life, and he makes it a familiar one where people can testify their own lives to. "Life's just not fair". Never is, never will be. But we know this.
Sigh... Rest in Peace Aunt Betty, Maddie Paguyo, Tia Zelmira, Tio Pino...
Rating: &&&&&
9. Bad News: After listening and reading the lyrics to this song, I feel so sorrowful. I'm assuming this song is directly involving his losses... I mean, the whole album is about heartbreak and loss, but reading the lyrics as I was listening to the song really allowed me to take a journey into his frustration and loss. I feel like I know how bad he's hurting. I mean, I've lost people in my life. Just like many others. I feel for you Kanye.
Rating: &&&&&
10. See you in my nightmares ft. Lil Wayne: This track brings us to his frustrated state of mind. With sorrow comes frustration and resentment. "Tell everyone that you know that I don't love you no more". I mean, clearly he's feeling salty. But he's fed up and he doesn't want anything to do with this chick. It's a wrap. BYE BIATCH.
Rating: &&&
11. Coldest Winter: Maybe Kanye forsaw the incredibly cold winter we are having right now- thus including this track. This is pretty much one of the most simple songs on the album. Nothing more than call and response- with himself basically. Very effective though. Once again, he's really sad. Lol. This line is sad tho.... "Memories made in the coldest winter..Goodbye my friend, I won't never love again.."
Rating: &&&&&
12. Pinocchio Story: Probably the deepest look into this man's heart you will ever see.
Rating: &&&&&
This album is probably the last of these kind from Kanye. We can only wonder what will come next, if anything from him. He told several phenomenal stories with this album. He brought us on a journey of his sorrow, but with that much pain and hurt, you can only wonder if he'll ever be the same.
Overall Rating: &&&&&

5 comments:
damn! u are bored lollllll
MEAN!
I thought it was insightful :(
its one of the best yet =)
cheer up u know im playingg
i love this album!
well thank you. it took me MAD long to write lol.
This is probably one of the greatest posts Ive ever read. very insightful. The tremendous effort definitely shows here. Kanye is nasty. love it. thanks, uve pretty much wrote everything that people were thinking while listening to this album.
I LOVE YOUR BLOGS!! THEY'RE THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
from ur number one fan!
<3
Post a Comment