Sunday, April 5, 2009

Self-Reflection.
Look inside yourself for Peace.

I end my night today, with several new things in mind.

People are deceiving.
People are kind.
People can make you,
People can break you.

Now, don't misinterpret that and say, 'you must think the whole world is corrupt', because I believe quite the contrary. I give people the benefit of the doubt. I try and find kindness in people. I am not suffering from depression. I don't think the world is a dark and lonely place. I know there is light in the world. But there are some who make a decision every day, to live a corrupt life.

I have been on this 2 week down and out
rampage which has quite frankly tired me out.

I'm tired of wondering.
I'm tired of being confused.
I'm tired of being this unhappy person.

Why is it that when you're happy, there's
always something to come and ruin it?

Then I remember, that God gives us obstacles in life so that we can pick ourselves back every stronger than before. That's why I love God. He teaches us lessons everyday. And it's simple, "this too shall pass..."

I know I've said it before...
But I've never meant it more than now,

I'm going to be happy;; if it's the last thing I do.

I've experienced a revelation. I've sought within me the happiness I deserve with the help of God. I will not stand for less than what I deserve. Each and every person deserves dignity because we are all God's children.

No more excuses.
No more angry black woman mode.
ONLY POSITIVITY.
I'm going to die an early death if I don't effin relax.
So here's to me, admitting to my faults, and being more cheery.

Man, too many late nights by yourself calls for a lot of self reflection huh? If you don't have yourself, then WHO do you have?

Keep your friends close;; your enemies closer. There may be some, in your very proximity, playing a role. Keep the smile on. And if you have beef, I've got chicken, so lets fucking bar-b-que :)

3 comments:

cHooCh said...

bravo bravo... no more angry emails =))

Anonymous said...

Maia. I just think you're beautiful.

Cypress said...

That is a perfect way to think.

Best of luck!